Applicants for scholarships must be of Welsh descent or the spouse or legally adopted descendent of a person of Welsh descent, a citizen of the United States and meet all of the following requirements:
· Have and maintain an unadjusted accumulated grade point average of not less than 3.30 on a 4.00 scale or the equivalent and;
· Declare enrollment as a full-time student, or if employed, as a part-time student or doing post-baccalaureate studies, and must be taking a minimum of 6 credit hours for the semester leading to a degree in an institution of higher learning qualified to award such a degree and;
· Authorize the registrar of the school to send an official transcript of applicant’s academic record to the Scholarship Committee prior to each school year AFTER completing the spring term and;
· Lineage information must follow the guidelines on the following page and;
· Applications and Official Transcripts will ONLY be accepted between April 1 and July 15 for the following fall semester. A NEW application must be submitted prior to each new school year.
· The second installment of the scholarship will be processed upon receiving the first semester Official Transcript. First semester transcripts must be received before February 15 and come directly from the school. If there is an issue to have it submitted by that date, please contact us by email before the deadline.
Completed applications and transcripts will ONLY be accepted at the following address. Forms received after July 15 or incomplete will not be considered.
The Women’s Welsh Clubs of America
22199 Center Ridge Rd.
Rocky River, OH 44116
The size and number of grants will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and the Trustees of the Women’s Welsh Clubs of America. Grants will be paid directly to the successful applicant in two installments each year provided the applicant maintains the required eligibility. The recipient must authorize the registrar of the school to send an official transcript to the Scholarship Committee at the end of each term.
Click here to print application:
If you have trouble opening the Scholarship Application, please contact us at WWCAscholarship@welshhome.com and we can email, fax or mail it to you.