The spread of Coronavirus is of special concern to us as statistics show that seniors are especially vulnerable to the virus. To reassure you, The Welsh Home has been and continues to take this threat seriously. We have taken the following steps to minimize the potential for the virus to spread among the residents, staff and visitors of The Welsh Home:
- Staff education on all infection control policies, including, but not limited to handwashing, housekeeping and medications related to treating viral infections.
- Collaborated and will continue to collaborate with local hospital representatives and continued vigilance of guidance from CDC, ODH and AHCA to ensure up-to-date guidance.
- Reviewed and conducted an emergency preparedness table top excerise to discuss stricter measures if necessary.
- Increased PAR levels of medical PPE, cleaning supplies, sanitation supplies, and food supplies.
- Signs have been posted at entrances and around the building advising visitors to not visit is exhibiting certain symptoms.
- On 3/9 CDC has advised to limit visitation to ESSENTIAL visits only. Any non-essential visits should be postponed until further notice. (this may become more restrictive as the situation develops)
- Scheduled Town Hall Meetings for families of residents on 3/11 at 12:00 PM and 6:00 PM in Cymry Hall.
- On 3/12, limited all visitation in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Continuing to practice Social Distancing and discontinued group activities and communal dining.
- Moved all Residents from C-Hall to other rooms in the building to turn C-Hall into an isolation unit.
- Continued all staff education
- Evaluation of appointments outside the facility for medical necessity
- Increased communication regarding updates to CDC recommendations and The Welsh Home's efforts
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com. Also please follow us for real time updates on twitter: @thewelshhome and on Facebook: The Welsh Home