Applicants for scholarships must be of Welsh descent or the spouse or legally adopted descendent of a person of Welsh descent, a citizen of the United States and meet all of the following requirements:
- Have and maintain an unadjusted accumulated grade point average of not less than 3.30 on a 4.00 scale or the equivalent and;
- Declare enrollment as a full-time student, a part-time student or doing post-baccalaureate studies, and must be taking a minimum of 6 credit hours for the semester leading to a degree in an institution of higher learning qualified to award such a degree and;
- Authorize the registrar of the school to send an official transcript of applicant’s academic record to the Scholarship Committee prior to each school year AFTER completing the spring term and;
- Lineage information must follow the guidelines on the following form and;
- Welsh descent must be apparent within the past 5 generations (to your great, great grandparents) and;
- Applications and Official Transcripts will ONLY be accepted between April 1 and June 30 (applications) and July 15 (transcripts) for the following fall semester. A NEW application must be submitted prior to each new school year.
- The second installment of the scholarship will be processed upon receiving the first semester Official Transcript. First semester transcripts must be received before February 15 and come directly from the school. If there is an issue to have it submitted by that date, please contact us by email before the deadline.
Forms received after June 30th or incomplete will not be considered.
Transcripts may be sent:
Electronically to: email@example.com
Mailed to: The Welsh Home, 22199 Center Ridge Road, Rocky River, OH 44116
The size and number of grants will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and the Trustees of the Women’s Welsh Clubs of America. Grants will be paid directly to the successful applicant in two installments each year provided the applicant maintains the required eligibility. The recipient must authorize the registrar of the school to send an official transcript to the Scholarship Committee at the end of each term.
Click Here for the Scholarship Application
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.